Friday, June 28, 2013

Je Suis Á Paris!

Once it seemed like everything was going wrong, life handed me a dramatic 180 degree turn for the best!  Because not only did someone find and turn in my wallet, I FINALLY got my luggage, and I lucked out and got the BEST homestay family!  And on top of it all, I am in the City of Lights. So overall I got everything I lost back and now I am ready to enjoy my time in Paris.  
So far, Paris is all about getting espresso, coffee, and wine.  The jet lag hasn't been too much of a problem because I skipped a night of sleep so I got to catch up and wake up ready for the day!  We got to explore around a bit the first day and then were able to meet our host families.  I got lucky and am  paired with another girl in my program so we get to ride the metro and figure out how to communicate with our host family together! We are living with the Astar-Badier's in the 18th arrondissement in a flat on the fourth floor (which to Americans is really the fifth floor).  And the apartment is huge and gorgeous! There are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, two living room areas, a dining room, a foyer and an espresso machine (very important haha). 
My bedroom is so cute and comfortable! I have a big desk, big queen canopy bed and window that opens into the courtyard.  It is absolutely perfect!  But I think my favorite part of the whole apartment building is the stairs leading to the apartment.  It is something straight out of the Phantom of the Opera.  So beautiful!  Also, my host family is so nice!  The mom Christine went out and bought me a toothbrush for the night because mine was still lost with my suitcase.  And the dad Jean-Louis and daughter Eloise (who is 18) had dinner with Jolie (the girl from my program) and I last night together and it was just so cute!
But anyways, we are currently trying to figure out plans for dinner and drinks tonight so I am off!  I will be sure to post more pictures tomorrow, I think we are going to the Eiffel Tower! Au revoir! <3
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment