Saturday, June 22, 2013

How To Drink Around The World At Epcot

And do it successfully!
 
It may have been a costly success, but my mother was financing my little trip and I thought it was worth every penny!  Some people were actually really intense about and even made "Keep Calm and Drink Around the World" shirts for the occasion. 
 
I did some research before, and the biggest thing that the other blogs got wrong was the level of drunk that you will get.  Honestly, if you are a college kid used to drinking a lot you will be fine.  Even without eating a lot along the way (trying to save some money) I had no problem.  There were definitely times I felt tipsy and times I felt a little drunk, but there was never a time where I felt out of control or sick in any way.
 
Here are the countries I "visited" and the drinks I got!
 

Mexico:  Lime flavored frozen margarita
-I actually didn't get carded in Mexico haha but the margarita was delicious.  It tasted pretty tequila-y but I enjoyed it for my first drink. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


  
Norway: A shot of "Linie Aquavit Glacier"
-Ok so this was pretty disgusting.  I had to chase it with my mom's diet coke because it tasted like a mix of jager, peppermint schnapps, and vodka with some spices mixed in.  Ew. 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 China: The "Yuan Yang" drink
-Commonly referred to as the "Tipsy Ducks In Love" drink.  It was a mix of chocolate, some other unknown stuff and a generous amount of Jim Beam.  The chocolate and whiskey went really well together much to my surprise!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
Germany: Oktoberfest beer
-As I've previously stated I really dislike beer, but I felt that I just had to get a beer in Germany!  And as expected it was pretty gross to me but I fought through it... and then poured the rest in the bushes.  Oops!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Italy: A shot of limoncello
-Italy was my favorite place.  It was just beautiful, and had beautiful waiters who recommended the limoncello and a cannoli.  Yummm! "No! Leave the gun! Take the cannoli!" (Godfather reference)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
America: Red Stag Lemonade
-Well this one was very refreshing.  It was like a bourbon flavored slushie with a dash of lemonade.  Very strong haha I think this is the point at which I felt the most drunk.  That's 'merica for ya!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Japan: Green tea with sake
-Ok so I knew that when I went to Japan I had to try sake, but unfortunately they didn't have sake bombs so I had to get a mixed drink.  And yeah it was pretty gross...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Morocco: Strawberry daiquiri
-Well I don't think there was too much they could do for "authentic" Moroccan drinks, but as far as daiquiris go this one was just that... a daiquiri. But it is one of my dreams to go to Africa and Morocco would be really nice!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
France: Glass of Riesling wine
-Well since I'll be spending 6 weeks in France, I figured a nice glass of wine would suffice here.  It was a nice change up from the liquor.  I do love wine!
 
 

                                    
 









 

The UK: Magner's Hard Cider
  -I've only had Magner's one other place and it was at a little Irish bar in Queens.  But ever since I have spent my life searching for Magner's cider only to be disappointed with Woodchuck and Angry Orchard.  So imagine my delight upon finding Magner's here!  ...And then I found out that they only had Magner's pear cider but whatever I had it anyways and it was perfect.











Canada: "Torontopolitan"
-Ok so this was really just a little mixed slushie vodka drink.  It was really small and only took a few gulps to get down but it was delicious nonetheless!














 
So that completes my journey and how I successfully drank around the world at Epcot!  I can cross that off the bucket list :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment