Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Paris Fashion Week 2013

So for the first part of the day today, I was extremely glad to wake up not feeling sick because my host family served me a very rare piece of meat for dinner last night.  Then we visited the Musee de Cluny, which mainly consisted of sculptures.  They are not really my favorite medium of art, but it was still really interesting to learn about them!  Such as how these were the original heads of the statues of the Bishops on the outside walls of Notre Dame.  They were decapitated during the French Revolution as an act of rebellion and then found buried underground in 1977.
Now on to the fun stuff... Paris Fashion Week!! 
Here we are waiting outside of Valentino:)
To celebrate, I went shopping at Zara and purchased a pair of high-waisted shorts as well as a striped top that is very Parisian.  Then my friends and I decided to go to where they were holding the Valentino show, at the "Hotel Salomon de Rothschild".  First we snuck up to the back of the building where they were holding the show.  We actually could see people hanging out on the balcony and smoking!  Also, we could see the couture hanging on racks through the window.
Then towards the front of the building, there were a ton of people and paparazzi trying to take pictures of the celebrities that were arriving.  During the show, we could see inside of the building from afar and there was a life size giraffe and cheetah!  I'm assuming they were stuffed... Not sure what they were there for either.  But the best part of the whole experience to me was after the show.  When everyone was leaving, I actually got to take pictures of a lot of the celebs!  Starstruck is the only word that comes to mind. 
We saw Anna Wintour, Editor-in-Chief of American Vogue, Grace Coddington, Artistic Director of American Vogue, Olivia Palermo, a bunch of models, and my favorite, Baz Luhrman!! I can't imagine a better person to see in Paris than the man who made me fall in love with it in the first place. 
And of course we saw Valentino himself! I also met a guy who, after chatting for a bit, gave me his business card and told me he was the Department Manager of menswear for Burberry, Paris.  Maybe I'll give him a call!  What a day<3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment