Friday, June 21, 2013

Hi From Disneyworld!

Today marks my fourth day in Disneyworld and it is HOT! And humid... But I really do love Disney I'm just a kid at heart<3
We spent the first night with my dad, mom, aunt and uncle getting drinks at our resort.  Then the "adults" went to Downtown Disney leaving me with my 14 year old sister and her friend... and also a credit card with unlimited charging possibilities for food and drinks.  You can bet I took advantage of that!  The kids went to the pool using every trick from tween romantic comedies to "attract" boys, while I sat in the hot tub and read a book.  I just finished "The Fault In Our Stars" which was actually a very good read!  It was one of those books that makes you appreciate your life.  Very heartwarming and thought provoking. 
Magic Kingdom is my favorite park just because it is really classic Disney.  There is a whole new part of the park that was just added within the past year, complete with new rides, castles, and eateries.  According to the guy standing outside of the entrance, MK now boasts the best restaurant in America! (questionable)  This is the Be Our Guest restaurant and it "really immerses you in the movie" and if you're lucky you can get a reservation... in the next 8-10 months.
 Hollywood Studios is where my nerdy side comes out because one of the rides I really look forward to is called "The Great Movie Ride".  It takes you through all of these sound stages of classic movies such as "Singing In The Rain", "Gangster's Paradise", and "The Wizard of Oz".  I blame my father for my love of old movies, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" being my favorite one.  He's always watching them after work with a beer or two... Anyways I also love the Little Mermaid show, Ariel's role, in my opinion, being the cushiest Disney performer job.  She does one show every half hour where she sings like one song and gets to sit on a rock in the air conditioning in a purple sparkly bra for the majority of it.  And she even has an awkward semi-kiss with the guy who plays Eric who has it even better because he is literally on stage for 2 whole minutes. 
And then we have Animal Kingdom, definitely the most forgotten of the Disney parks.  While it does boast a legitimate Safari ride and pretty decent roller coaster... that's about all it has.  But those two attractions alone are worth the trek into the wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment